CONTEXT tracks the business and consumer technology markets. Trusted by the world's leading technology companies and their customers to deliver actionable, fact-based business intelligence, CONTEXT data collection and management capabilities are unrivalled in their depth and scope.
- Manage company data warehouses in-house and on AWS
- Responsibilities include maintaining the current database system, supporting the design and implementation of changes to the database, establishing policies and procedures pertaining to the management, security, maintenance, and use of the database management system. The successful applicant will be involved in managing client enquiries and face-to-face client’s activities.
- Data Insight / Data Mining
- Recoverability - Creating and testing Backups
- Integrity – Verify data integrity
- Security - Defining and/or implementing access controls to the data
- Availability - Ensuring maximum uptime
- Performance – Advanced DB performance tuning
- Development and testing support – mentor others to efficiently utilise databases
- Database Design, Data Modelling, Advanced replication technologies/ Explore & Apply new solutions
- Experience developing SQL software
- PL/SQL or similar
- Good experience SQL skills (experience with PostgreSQL / Greenplum is a plus)
- Essential Linux skills (shell, crons)
- AWS / PHP / Java a plus
- Computer Science degree or related
- Enjoy working in a team
- Willingness to accept challenges and to learn
- Ability and desire to work with complex, integrated solution
- Good problem solving skills with attention to details.
- “Think outside the box” & “Can do” attitude
- Ability to work independently