DBA / SQL Developer
CONTEXT tracks the business and consumer technology markets. Trusted by the world's leading technology companies and their customers to deliver actionable, fact-based business intelligence, CONTEXT data collection and management capabilities are unrivalled in their depth and scope.
- Manage company-wide data warehouses
- Responsibilities include maintaining the current database system, supporting the design and implementation of changes to the database, establishing policies and procedures pertaining to the management, security, maintenance, and use of the database management system. The successful applicant will be involved in the latest Cloud and database technologies.
• Data Insight / Data Mining
• Recoverability - Creating and testing Backups
• Integrity – Verify data integrity
• Security - Defining and/or implementing access controls to the data
• Availability - Ensuring maximum uptime
• Performance - Ensuring maximum performance given budgetary constraints
• Development and testing support - Assist programmers and to efficiently utilise the database
• Experience or passion in SQL development.
• Exposure to SQL (experience with PostgreSQL/PL/pgSQL is a plus but not necessary).
• Exposure to Linux (shell, crons...).
• Exposure to PHP / Java is a plus but not necessary.
• Exposure to AWS is a plus but not necessary.
• Computer Science degree or related.
• Enjoy working in a team.
• Willingness to accept challenges and to learn.
• Ability and desire to work with complex, integrated solutions.
• Good problem solving skills with attention to details.
• “Think outside the box” & “Can do” attitude.
• Ability to work independently and with limited oversight.