IT Support Officer
CONTEXT tracks the business and consumer technology markets. Trusted by the world's leading technology companies and their customers to deliver actionable, fact-based business intelligence, CONTEXT data collection and management capabilities are unrivalled in their depth and scope.
We are recruiting for an IT Support Officer to join the IT Team. The main responsibilities will be centred on the IT infrastructure (Microsoft/Linux/Vmware/AWS) as well as supporting our users.
Infrastructure is core to CONTEXT businesses which operate on both on-premises and on the cloud. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be part of working in Europe's largest IT distribution database environment. The IT Support Officer, being part of the IT team, is responsible for CONTEXT's Cloud Platform, on-premises environments and other technology solutions.
The role will report to the IT Team Leader and help deliver, support, review and take ownership of infrastructure projects and tasks.
This role offers excellent development opportunities to enhance IT skills further as you will work with multiple platforms and hybrid cloud technologies. You will need to develop good relationships with internal stakeholders to enable you to support them effectively.
● Ability to troubleshoot & research issues methodically.
● Attention to detail and being able to be flexible and go the extra mile to cope with user/business demands.
● Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
● Eager to work hard and learn fast!
The candidate will work with
● MS Windows Laptops/Servers,
● Linux Servers,
● Google Workspace,
● McAfee MVISION ePolicy Orchestrator & Security maintenance,
● VMware vSphere,
● SonicWall network appliances(LAN/WAN),
● Amazon Web Services,
● Cloud based Unified communication,
● Linux and HP Proliant servers.
● Minimum 1-year experience of providing First/Second Line IT Support.
● Strong technical understanding of Windows 10, ChromeOS, remote access and Active
● Experience in Laptop installation/repairs.
● Good Understanding of networking and Windows server environments
● Understanding of switches, routers and firewalls.
● Understanding of Virtualized(VMware) environments.
● Knowledge of Windows and Active Directory/Groups/Policies.
● Understanding of Linux
● Exposure to Cloud Computing Platform (AWS).
● BSc based degree preferred.