Information Technology Support Engineer
CONTEXT tracks the business and consumer technology markets. Trusted by the world's leading technology companies and their customers to deliver actionable, fact-based business intelligence, CONTEXT data collection and management capabilities are unrivalled in their depth and scope.
We are recruiting for an IT Support Engineer to join the IT Team. The main responsibilities will be centered on the IT infrastructure (Microsoft/Linux/Vmware/AWS) as well as supporting our users.
Nature and Scope:
Infrastructure is core to CONTEXT businesses which operate on both on-premises and on the cloud. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be part of working in Europe's largest IT distribution database environment. The IT Support engineer, being part of the IT team, is responsible for CONTEXT's Cloud Platform, on-premises environments and other technology solutions.
The role will report to the IT Team Leader and to help deliver, support, review and take ownership of infrastructure projects and tasks.
This role offers excellent development opportunities to further enhance IT skills as you will work with multiple platforms and hybrid cloud technologies. You will need to develop good relationships with internal stakeholders to enable you to support them effectively.
Benefits of the role:
The candidate will work with MS Windows PCs/Laptops/Servers, Linux Servers, Google Workspace, Desktop deployment/Integration, McAfee MVISION ePolicy Orchestrator & Security maintenance, VMware vSphere, SonicWall network appliances (LAN/WAN), SSL-VPN, Amazon Web Services, Cloud based Unified communication, Linux and HP Proliant servers.
Most of the staff are currently working remotely, attending the office for essential work only. IT Support is one of the roles involving some essential work with attendance at the Putney office as and when required.
- Ability to troubleshoot & research issues methodically.
- Attention to detail and being able to be flexible and go the extra mile to cope with user/business demands.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Eager to work hard and learn fast!
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of providing First/Second Line IT Support.
- Strong technical understanding of Windows 10,remote access, Active Directory Administration.
- Experience in PC/Laptop installation/repairs.
- Good Understanding of networking and Windows server environments
- Understanding of switches, routers and firewalls.
- Understanding of Virtualized(VMware) environments.
- Knowledge of Windows and Active Directory/Groups/Policies.
- Understanding of Linux
- Exposure to Cloud Computing Platform (AWS).
- BSc based degree preferred.
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative.
- Analytical mind with a strong problem-solving aptitude.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Enjoy working in a team.